Transcripts and Transferring Credit
If you officially registered for your SU course through Project Advance you are eligible to request an SU transcript and attempt to have your credits transferred. While Project Advance cannot guarantee that your credits will be accepted by another college or university, 90% of our former students report receiving credit recognition of some kind. For additional information please click on links for credit transfer FAQ and credit transfer guide.
Ordering Your Syracuse University Transcript
Syracuse University partners with Parchment to order and deliver official university transcripts. Parchment has recently upgraded their system, so all students will be required to create a new account.
1. Confirm that your grade has been posted by your high school instructor after completion of the course.
We recommend that students wait to order their official transcript until after their grade has been posted. We will alert students when this has occurred via email. The student may also log in to view/confirm their grade has been posted.
To view your grade, you will be required to log into “MySlice” using your NetID. See below for instructions on this process:
- Activate your NetID at https://netid.syr.edu utilizing your SUID number
- Your SU ID number would be located on your welcome letter mailed to your attention or on the invoice that was generated and mailed to your parent/guardian’s attention
- Any issues with activating you NetID can be resolved through: https://its.syr.edu/create-a-help-ticket/
- Sign into “MySlice” at https://myslice.syr.edu with your NetID and Password
- When asked for your email, please use your NetID + “@syr.edu”. For example, if your NetID is “JSmith” your should enter “JSmith@syr.edu” as your email address.
- You may be prompted to set up multifactor authentication (MFA) for security purposes. See the sidebar on the right for this process.
- Under “Student home”, go to “Academics” and then click on “Grades”.
- You are looking for a letter grade to the right of the course(s).
- Proceed to the next step “Order your official SU Transcript through Parchment”
2. Order your official SU transcript through Parchment
A transcript is the most important piece of evidence of your college work and must be sent to your chosen institution in order to transfer your credit. Only students who officially registered for and completed their course are eligible to receive a transcript.
Parchment recommends using either Chrome or Firefox. Mobile devices are not supported.
- Create an account through Parchment, a secure partner of the University who handles transcript requests. Click HERE for a Guide to Ordering Transcripts
- When you are filling out the form, under the section “Program” please enter “Project Advance”
- Please be sure to use your full or formal name (ie-“James” not “Jim”) and date of birth when setting up your Parchment account
- Know your SUID # or last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. (If you did not provide your Social Security number when you registered for credit and do not have your SUID, please call our office at 315-443-2404 to receive your SUID. We will not give it out that information over email or livechat.)
- Know the mailing or email address of where your transcripts need to be sent- please contact your college for that information ahead of completing the request.
- Have your credit card information available (there is a $12.00 fee for ordering transcripts)
- To check the status of your request, log back in with the username and password you set up when you created your account with Parchment
Additional Recommendations for All Students:
- Save your course syllabi. Colleges and universities might request a copy of your syllabus to assure that the course is comparable to the one taught on their campus.
- Contact colleges and universities directly and speak with your academic advisor or faculty to see if there is any more information that needs to be provided in order to have credit recognized.
- Parchment recommends using either Chrome or Firefox. Mobile devices are not supported.
The Office of the Registrar has implemented a new electronic transcript request and fulfillment process that offers advanced security features and improved efficiency and speed. Requests can be made online 24/7, and you will have access to real-time, end-to-end tracking that shows when the transcript request was fulfilled and when it is received. As a result of the new process, average transcript delivery will be within hours of the request. Transcripts will be provided at a charge of $12, which helps cover the cost of the added security and other enhanced features of the new system. Requests for electronic copies do not carry an additional charge. However, there is an additional charge of $2.50 for U.S. domestic delivery and $5 for international delivery for paper transcripts.
For more information on Syracuse University’s transcript policy, please visit the Registrar’s Office’s page on transcripts.
- Parchment System (transcript request)
- Parchment Guide to Ordering Transcripts
- Credit Transfer FAQ
- Credit Transfer Flyer (PDF)
Microsoft Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for MySlice
MFA is an added verification step during authentication that helps to prevent the unauthorized use of NetIDs and passwords by ensuring that only the account owners themselves can access their account. Members of the Project Advance community who use online systems like MySlice will need to set up an authentication method to log into these systems moving forward.
See the Syracuse University “Answers” Page linked HERE for the full MFA process for Project Advance students
Before you start, you will need:
Your NetID and Password. Please go to http://netid.syr.edu to retrieve and activate your NetID.
- Go to http://myslice.syr.edu
- Click “Students/Faculty/Staff”
- Enter your NetID and then your password. You will be prompted to set up Multifactor authentication at this time. When you get to the Microsoft Sign in screen, enter your NetID followed by “@syr.edu”, for example, NetID “otto44” would enter “firstname.lastname@example.org”.