Transcripts and Transferring Credit
Students who successfully complete their Syracuse University course will be able to order an official transcript. Only students who officially registered and who are in good financial standing are eligible to receive a transcript. Please follow these steps to order your transcript:
- DO NOT order a transcript until your high school instructor has officially posted your grade. Grades are usually posted a few weeks after the completion of the course. To check if your grade has been posted, please go to this page and follow the instructions.
- Upon confirmation of your grade, students will create an account through Parchment, a secure partner of the University who handles transcript requests. Download a PDF here for a walk through of the Parchment system.
Before You Request a Transcript
If this is your first time requesting a transcript through the Parchment system, you will be required to create a new account. When you create your account, you are required to have either the SUID or the last four of your Social Security number. (If you did not provide your Social Security number when you registered for credit and do not have your SUID, please call our office to receive your SUID. We will not give it out that information over email or livechat.) Please also have the address or contact information of where you want your transcript sent. Remember, there is a $12 fee for transcripts, so have a credit card information ready
The Office of the Registrar has implemented a new electronic transcript request and fulfillment process that offers advanced security features and improved efficiency and speed. Requests can be made online 24/7, and you will have access to real-time, end-to-end tracking that shows when the transcript request was fulfilled and when it is received. As a result of the new process, average transcript delivery will be within hours of the request. Transcripts will be provided at a charge of $12, which helps cover the cost of the added security and other enhanced features of the new system. Requests for electronic copies do not carry an additional charge. However, there is an additional charge of $2.50 for U.S. domestic delivery and $5 for international delivery for paper transcripts.
- When you are filling out the form, under the section “Program” please enter “Project Advance”
- Please be sure to use your full or formal name (ie-“James” not “Jim”) and date of birth when setting up your Parchment account
- You may request transcripts to be sent to multiple schools, please fill out the form accordingly. If you are only requesting one transcript, just complete the first request form and continue